Monday, July 29, 2013

The Adventure Begins!

First order of business -  The Count no longer wants to be referred to as The Count so he will now be known as The Chief.

  OK. Back to the story. So I found the yurt on craigslist and I sent an email asking about it. I was relieved when they said they still had it, but then again how many people shop for yurts on craigslist? Anyway, I was relieved and excited to hear that we could come take a look at it later that week.When my father said we could put a yurt on his property I started having sleepless nights thinking about how we could start our farm. I know I was thinking of raw goat cheese, fresh eggs, a huge garden, my kids being able to run outside, etc. I was too excited to actually sleep.

We drove up on a Friday to see it and we went back and bought it on Sunday. I know you are thinking we made a hasty decision and we may have, but how else were we going to make our dreams come true if we didn't take a leap of faith.

When we got our yurt home we unloaded it off the truck and put it in our garage, so our future home is now inside our current home. I don't know of too many people that can say that! It's a good thing that I am use to being the weird one, because I know people are going to think we are crazy.

Before we could set they yurt up we first had to clean out and clean out and demolish my grandparents old home.

Here is a picture of the before.
Here are some pictures along the way.

Here is The Chief starting to bring down the house. 


The house is down and now the cleanup begins.





This is where we are today!

We have had a great sense of accomplishment in getting all of this work done. The best part was having our children with us to see us work together towards a common goal. We think it is important for our kids to see us work for our family. One day they will appreciate everything we have done to live a different kind of life. 


No children were hurt or in danger during the tear down/clean up. We kept them in the baby prison while we did all of the demo.

Hope you have enjoyed seeing how we brought down the house.  

Next time I will explain why I chose Purple Yurt Chick.  

Bye bye for now!!



No comments:

Post a Comment