Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Why Purple Yurt Chick?

What is a Purple Yurt Chick?

I know it may sound like I am some kind of hippy that lives in a purple yurt  in a commune somewhere but, in reality I am a stay at home mom of two. When I was signing up for our blog I wanted it to have a catchy name that was off the wall and a little silly. You know, something that makes people stop and ask "What is this about?". Everything I could think of was already taken so I kept on brainstorming.

Then I looked at my kids and this is how it happened.

My little girl's favorite color is purple, my son, is just starting to talk and one of his favorite words is chick, and The Chief and I are always talking about our yurt so Purple Yurt Chick was born

I guess I could have used Yurt Purple Chick or Chick Yurt Purple or Yurt Chick Purple but I thought Purple Yurt Chick sounded the best.

There you have it, the not so glamorous story behind Purple Yurt Chick. It is just three random words that came together to tell our family's story.

The reason my son so fondly talks about chicks is because we usually have some hatching.

This is our first batch of chicks hatching.
                     
                    Newborns.

Once they are a week or two old they get moved to the garage in our homemade brooder. 


Next time I will tell you more about our aspirations of becoming farmers!



No comments:

Post a Comment